Executive and Employee Code of Conduct
Practice ethical management and protect customers.
In order to protect customers and to perform sound management,KakaoBank prepares and adheres to code of behavior which directors,officers or employees must abide by while performing their duty.
Section 1 Fundamental Principles
- 1. Professional conduct
- ① Executives and employees must perform their duties faithfully and diligently, with a strong sense of responsibility and mission.
- ② Executives and employees must persie both personal growth and development of the bank through continuous self-development.
- 2. Observance of the law
- ① Executives and employees must comply with related laws and the bank’s internal rules while performing their duties.
- 1) In order to prevent financial accidents, executives and employees must harming customers or the bank by adhering to essential matters required to conduct their duties.
- 2) In financial transactions, executives and employees comply with the real-name tranaction and confidentiality obligations of the Real Name Financial Act.
- 3) Actions directly or indirectly involving money laundering through irregular or illegal activity is prohibited, and the obligation to report must be faithfully carried out in accordance with the relevant laws.
- ② Executives and employees shall not give inappropriate directives or requests to subordinates while performing their duties.
- ③ Executives and employees must report to a superior or a related department upon discovering a violation of the law, or the possibility thereof, in relation to work.
Section 2 Performance of customer-oriented duties
- 1. Description of key details in transactionsExecutives and employees must elaborate to customers key details to regarding their financial transactions in order to prevent financial disputes and to protect the customer assets.
- 2. Protecting customer assets
- ① Executives and employees must manage customer assets rom the risk of loss or corruption with the duty of care as a law-abiding manager.
- ② Executives and employees must not use their superior position to request unfair transactions from customers or to discriminate against customers without a justifiable reason.
- 3. Protecticing customer privacyExecutives and employees must not disclose customer information or wrongfully use the information for the profit of themselves or third parties except in the event where customer information is provided or used in accordance with the relevant laws.
Section 3 Fair conduct of business
- 1. Prohibition of using undisclosed informationExecutives and employees must not act for the profit of themselves or for third parties by disclosing or using any undisclosed information of business partners acquired through the conduct of their duties.
- 2. Maintaining integrity
- ① Executives and employees must not accept any economic incentives, including money, valuables, or lavish entertainment, from business partners in relation to their duties, or perform any actions, such as solicitation or compulsion, that may undermine fairness.
- ② Executives and employees must not accept gifts or entertainment that exceed reasonable amounts.
- ③ Executives and employees must not use the bank’s assets without permission or perform actions that serve individual interest through their position.
Section 4 Prohibition of conflicts of interest
- 1. Obligation to prevent conflict of interest
- ① Executives and employees must strive to prevent conflicts of interest with customers, banks, or shareholders.
- ② If a conflict of interest is expected, it must be dealt with through the appropriate legal procedures.
- 2. Obligation of commitment to dutyIf an executive or employee is in a position that can influence the bank's performance of its duties, or is performing a task with the intent of generating profit, he/she must receive permission from the bank.
Section 5 Mutual respect between executives and employees
- 1. Adherence to workplace etiquette
- ① Executives employees must be equipped with the basic etiquette required between superiors and subordinates, or between colleagues, and must strive to establish an organizational structure of mutual respect.
- ② Executives and employees must avoid private gatherings that undermine the formation of a healthy organizational structure and must not perform actions that foster social disharmony between executives and/or employees.
- 2. Prohibition of sexual harassmentExecutives and employees must not conduct impersonal actions, including sexual jokes, physical contact, etc., that may induce sexual humiliation.
· Report violations of employee behavior standards at clean@KakaoBank.com